Results of the annual survey on the performance of Ministers, Deputy Ministers, and Regional Ministers has been announced by FAKS Investigative Services in Accra.
The team, which is made up of researchers, media practitioners and academia made the assessment based on the outcome of the findings they had. Apart from using the project assessment, the team also sought opinions from the public on the performance of the personalities mentioned above, especially the Ministers and Deputy Ministers.
A statement released by the Chief Executive Officer of FAKS Investigative Services, Fred Yaw Sarpong, said the survey took place between the months of October and December, 2019. It said the 2019 survey was the 8th Edition since FAKS started assessing the performance of Ministers, Deputies, Regional Ministers, MPs and others.
Respondents for the survey were traditional rulers, commercial drivers, Journalists, students, petty traders, business owners, civil society organizations (CSOs), market women, academia, and others. Scoring was influenced by the project initiatives, the project execution, and its impacts on Ghanaians currently and in the future. About 73% of the respondents were between the ages of 18 and 50 while the remaining 27% were between the ages of 51 and 70.
Meanwhile, out of the 5,023 feedbacks received during the impacts assessment, 2,545 of the respondents, representing 50.67% were females while the remaining 2,478 representing 49.33% were males. Concerning the Regional Ministers, the team did not include the newly appointed six (6) Regional Ministers. The ranking was between 65% and 100%.
FAKS Investigative Services is a Ghanaian research and investigative firm.
Some of the project initiatives that dominated and informed our decision included disbursement of GHc6 million to 700 young entrepreneurs; disbursement of funds to disabled persons; Campus Speeches; Community Business Initiatives across the 16 regions; Funds for Business Ideas in all universities across the country under the Ministry of Business Development; Transformation in the Railway Sector under the Ministry of Railways Development; and the Production of Local Rice and its consumption campaign as part of the Planting for Food and Jobs under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture.
Also included was the Free SHS System under the Ministry of Education; Development in the industry sector-Ekumfi Juice factory under the Ministry of Trade and Industry; the creation and inauguration of the six regions under the Ministry of Regional Re-organization and Development; Development in the Zongo Communities; Development in the transport sector, especially the terminals for MMT and reviving the Ayalolo operations, DVLA transformation under the Ministry of Transport; Transformation at Ghana Gas; Transformation at Ghana Publishing Company; and many other project initiatives.
SEE THE DETAILS BELOW
BEST 10 MINISTERS, 2019
1st – Joe Ghartey– Railways Development Minister
1st- Dr. Ibrahim Mohammed Awal – Business Development Minister
2nd – Ofori Asiamah–Transport Minister
3rd – Alan Kyeremanteng – Trade Minister
4th –Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh – Education Minister
5th –Dr. Mustapha Abdul – Hamid– Inner City and Zongo Dev. Minister
6th – Dan Kwaku Botwe – Regional Re-organizations and Dev. Minister
7th – Dr. Owusu Afriyie Akoto– Agric Minister
8th – Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey – Foreign Affairs Minister
9th – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah – Information Minister
10th – Kwaku Agyeman Manu– Health Minister
BEST 10 DEPUTY MINISTERS, 2019
1st – Dr. Yaw Osei Adutwum – Education
2nd – Godfred Yeboah Dame–Attorney General
3rd– Adjei-Mensah Korsah– Regional Reorganization Development
3rd- Joseph Dindlok Kpemka – Attorney General
4th –Gifty Tina Mensah – Health
4th- Mohammed Habib Tijani – Foreign Affairs
5th – Kwabena Owusu Aduomi – Roads and Highways.
6th – Kennedy Osei Nyarko – Agric
7th- Nii Titus Glover– Transport
8th – Pius Enam Hadzide– Information
9th – Charles Owusu–Foreign Affairs
10th – Major Derrick Oduro – Defense
BEST 5 REGIONAL MINISTERS, 2019
1st – Kwamena Duncan – Central Regional Minister
2nd – Simon Osei-Mensah – Ashanti Regional Minister
3rd – Archibald Yao Letsa – Volta Regional Minister
4th – Ishmael Ashitey– Greater Accra Regional Minister
5th – Eric Kwakye Darfour– Eastern Regional Minister
MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT (MPs)
Overall Best MP
Kwame Governs Agbodza, MP for Adaklu Constituency
Best Majority MP
Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu, MP for Suame Constituency
Best Minority MP
Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwah, MP for South Tongu
Best Female MP
Dr. Zenator Rawlings, MP for Klottey- Korley Constituency
BEST 10 CEOs OF SOEs, 2019
1st – Dr. Benjamin K. D. Asante – CEO of Ghana Gas
2nd – Dr. Ofori Tenkorang – SSNIT Director General
2nd – David Asante – MD of Ghana Publishing Company
3rd – Lawyer Justin Kodua – CEO of YEA
3rd- Michael Okyere Baafi – CEO of Ghana Free Zone Authority
4th –Richard Boadu, Administrator of GETFUND
4th – Maxwell Kofi Jumah – CEO of GIHOC Distilleries
5th – Mustapha Ussif – Executive Secretary of National Service Scheme
5th- Joseph Boahen Aidoo– CEO of COCOBOD
6th – Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie–CEO of Forestry Commission
7th – Madam Delese Mimi Darko, CEO of Food and Drugs Authority
7th – Akwasi Agyeman, CEO of Ghana Tourism Authority
8th – Nana Akomeah – CEO of State Transport Company
9th- Kwabena Ampofo Appiah – CEO of State Housing Company
10th – John Essel–CEO of Ghana Railway Company